Here's who has qualified for the 2022 elections so far - Forsyth County News Online
Candidates have made their campaigns official for several seats representing Forsyth County voters.
Qualifying for local party candidates and non-partisan candidates in the May 24 general primary and nonpartisan general election and independent candidates running in the Nov. 8 general election was held the week of Monday, March 7 through Friday, March 11, and brought candidates for seats at federal, state and local levels.
This year’s campaigns will look different, as many Forsyth County voters have new Congressional, state legislative, school board and county commission districts after redistricting and reapportionment following the 2020 Census.
For more on those changes and other election information, click here.
Incumbents Forsyth County District 3 Commissioner Todd Levent, Solicitor General Bill Finch, Chief Superior Court Judge Jeffrey S. Bagley and Superior Court Judge Phillip C. Smith qualified and did not receive a challenge for their seats, while Forsyth County District 1 Commissioner Molly Cooper and Forsyth County Board of Education District 2, which will be District 5 starting in 2023, member Kristin Morrissey did not qualify to run for their current seats.
Below is a look at which seats will have races this year.
United States House District 6, representing all of Forsyth and Dawson counties and portions of Cherokee, Cobb, Fulton and Gwinnett counties.
- Jake Evans, Republican, Attorney, www.JakeEvans.org;
- Rich McCormick, Republican. Emergency room physician, www.RichMcCormick.us;
- Paulette Smith, Republican, Retired business owner, www.PauletteSmithforCongress.com;
- Mallory Staples, Republican, Ministry, www.StaplesforCongress.com;
- Wayne C. White, Democratic, Consultant in international development, www.WayneforGeorgia.com.
- Bob Christian, Democratic, Combat veteran and businessman;
- Byron Gatewood, Republican, Self-employed/Army Reserve, www.gatewoodforgeorgia.com;
- Blake Harbin, Republican, Business owner, www.BlakeHarbin.com;
- Suzi Voyles, Republican, Consultant, www.SuziVoyles.com;
- Meagan Hanson, Republican, Attorney, www.MeaganHanson.com;
- Eugene Yu, Republican, Retired, www.EugeneYuforCongress.com.
State Senate District 27, representing the majority of Forsyth County and no other counties.
- Greg Dolezal (incumbent), Republican, Small business owner, www.DolezalforSenate.com;
- Brent Binion, Democratic, Learning architect.
State Senate District 48, representing a portion of south Forsyth County and portions of Fulton and Gwinnett counties....
Read Full Story: https://www.forsythnews.com/news/politics/heres-who-has-qualified-for-the-2022-elections-so-far/
Your content is great. However, if any of the content contained herein violates any rights of yours, including those of copyright, please contact us immediately by e-mail at media[@]kissrpr.com.